Saturday, November 27, 2010

Ya Can't Keep a Good Witch Down

I hardly know where to begin.

I entered the hospital on November 15th, and surgery was the morning of the 17th. By that point, I wasn't scared - just resigned. They used general anesthesia, and I did just fine. They did a bone scan, and there was no infection so they did the fuse as well as the reconstruction.

Surgery was seven hours.

When I woke up, I saw this:


It looked like I had gone marauding through several county fairs, stepping into their ferris wheels. The rods you see are going straight through the bones in my foot and leg.

Does it hurt? Yes. Can I handle it? Yes. I can take it. The worse part? Washing my hair. That's going to be a production.

I am 1/3 weight bearing. Otherwise, I get along on my trusted roll-a-bout. It ain't easy, but it works.



Well, friends, the healing now begins. Thanks for the well wishes, all you who were kind enough to care. To those who few who didn't bother: hate to disappoint you, but I'm still here. You can keep throwing those buckets of water at me, but I don't plan to melt.



When I'm mended, I'll have a mission or two for my flying monkeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment