Monday, May 28, 2018




Investigating White Hill Mansion

                                            Part One



Before I start this blog I would like to apologize. I've been fighting a slew of different health problems since November, and they have really impacted the amount of time I've been able to focus on writing. I will strive to do better. This first part of the investigation is a mere introduction. The others will be longer.


I love haunted houses.. not the fun house type, but the bonafide real deal. Fortunately, there is one not that far from home, in the town of Fieldsboro.  On the Saturday evening before Easter,  three of my friends and I met up with members of the New Jersey Ghost Organization to have another go at investigating White Hill Mansion. (I had gone on a prior investigate last year. My experience became an article on Fate Magazine's website.)

I had intended to have my folks do "old school" investigating, combined with NJGO's more technological approach. Like most plans, things didn't go quite the way I envisioned, but we did get interesting results. In a series of blog posts, I'll talk about the Mansion (based on my Fate article), provide the layouts for each floor, provide pictures, and discuss what we did - or didn't - discover.  This will only be from the perspective of me and my crew: we have yet to have a reveal with NJGO.

The Mansion





The front view of White Hill


Side of Mansion


The rear of the Mansion...


...And the property in back, along the Delaware




The Property at night





Fieldsboro is a small community located between Bordentown and the Delaware River. The area was originally known as "White Hill", and Robert Fields was one of its wealthier residents. The town was named "Fieldsboro" after his family in 1850.

Robert held anti-British sentiments. On his way back from a meeting in Philadelphia, he mysteriously drowned, leaving his wife Mary to shepherd the family through the Revolution. Cleaver and strong-willed, she dealt with patriots, British, Hessians, and interfering neighbors. These caused the British to raid the home on several occasions, on suspicion that Mary was harboring revolutionaries...

After the war, her son married Robert Stockton's daughter, and the house was enlarged by linking the original home with that of a neighbor. However, the mansion passed out of the family's hands in 1804.

The house had several illustrious owners, and wore a variety of faces including bordello, restaurant and speakeasy. It finally sat empty, after plans to convert it into offices fell through. It was finally rescued by the town and is maintained by The Friends of White Hill Mansion.

The one constant through the years has been paranormal activity. There have been quite a few teams investigating, and just as wide a range of results.  

EASTER SATURDAY INVESTIGATION                                                   
The Mansion has three stories and a basement. Following are the layouts for each floor:

Cellar Floor



Main Floor and Entrance
Second Floor
......

Attic


In part two of this blog, I will start with activity on the Main Floor. This is the only level to which I had personal access, due to my disability. However, members of my crew took extensive photos...and got surprising results!












No comments:

Post a Comment